Setting up Imperfection Analysis

Hi,

Why is this code for setting up an imperfection analysis not working?

var imperfectionSettings = new Calculate.Imperfection
	(
		loadCombinations,
		new List<int> { 5 },
		true,
		true
	);

analysis = new Analysis(imperfection: imperfectionSettings, calcImpf: true);
connection.RunAnalysis(analysis);

I get the following exception:

Hi @dfepe !

I have found an issue in the analysis setting in our code.

Can you get the latest source code from the branch 23.7.0 ?
I have just done a commit which should solve the issue

The dev channel is not available through nuget. Could you write some simple instructions to install the API downloading the github repository? I find it a bit difficult

Sure! Are you using Visual Studio? if so,

Navigate to:

click on code and download .zip

In your project Visual Studio project, you can now add the FemDesign.Core.csproj

I would also suggest to download “GitHub desktop” to make this process easier :slight_smile:

Thank you! I normally use Visual Studio Code, but it should work in a similar way.

1 Like

I actually tried it before in VSCode and this was the problem:

bild

Do you know any solution for it?

what happen if you click on Use C# Extension ? It should work out of the box :slight_smile:

I have found a thread about the topic. It seems that our team can do some work related to the SDK-style

Then the solution explorer is not available so I don’t know how to add existing projects. I also get problems with other libraries and references, like the Newtonsoft.

All right :slight_smile:

add the following .dll to your project and it will work. I have compiled the .dll of this temporary version for you.

FemDesign.Core_23_7_0.zip (1.0 MB)

It worked, thanks!!. It seems that the topic deviated a bit from the original. Do you recommend using Visual Studio instead of Visual Studio Code?