Modify elements

Hello,
I’m user of FEM Design, working mostly with prefab structures.
I want to develop some of my design process using FEM Design API tools for Grasshopper. There are few questions:

1\ Is possible to modify elements from deconstructed model? It’s easy to deconstruct, but I cannot find tools to modify elements like edge connections for shells, ID’s etc.
2\ Is possible to numbering elements from Grasshopper level? I mean that function:
Numbering helps me in managing data, fe. setting up number “1” for each element(beam, wall, column) on 1st floor.

I’d appreaciate any helps or tips.

2 Likes

Hi @Tomasz_Gniady

We try to provide most of the deconstructor for our users but we sometimes miss to implement some of them.
EdgeConnection is duable with the Grasshopper component as you can see in the picture below.

However, it might be helpful to know this little trick about python/grasshopper.
With Python, it is pretty simple to modify some attribute/property of an object.

deconstruct

1 Like

1/4
At the beginning, I’d like to thank you for a quick answer and tips.

To clarify, I’d like to change numbering, not identifier and I’m curious, that is it possible to do it using grasshopper?

As a new user I can put only 1 image per post, therefore I divide my answer on parts :slight_smile:

2/4
The same story for walls:

3/4
Please confirm me also: edge connection ID’s is not possible to modify because it’s read only atm?

4/4
As I understand and try to use it, now there is only option to deconstruct shell or edge connection, but we cannot modify marked on red parameters?

It’s really nice, that bar.deconstruct.modify tools is available now, it will be really nice if the same tool for shells and edge connections will be developed :slight_smile:

I hope, that now I described better the issue which I’m struggling with.
If you wish and it’ll be easier for both of us, I’m open to discuss it via quick call.

As discussed over the phone, the best way to solve the issue is using some simple python script to get access to some properties and override them.

1 Like