Set different edge connection values for panels [SOLVED]

Hi,
We are trying to create 1 timber panel with different edge connection values. We want to create edge connection values on specific edges of a panel, but by using Panel.SetExtEdgeConnectionContAnalModel it creates 1 panel for each index, making it impossible to add to the model due to duplicates. See image below, where there should only be one panel as the output, with test values defined in x_neg, x_pos and y_pos

Is Panel.SetExtEdgeConnectionContAnalModel the wrong component for defining CLT wall connections? (for shells connected to each other)

We have tried to do the same with a slab element, and using Slab.SetEdgeConnection, and it seems this behaves the correct way, only creating 1 wall element with 4 different edge connection values.

Hi @AKiaer !

You are right. The component is not properly working and I will fix it.

In order to let you keep working, you can modify your script to replicate what I have done in the picture below.

It is not optimal but it should let you keep working :slight_smile:

I have opened a ticket so that you can track the status of it

1 Like

Hi @AKiaer! :wave:

I’ve fixed the bug. From the next release, the Panel.SetExtEdgeConnectionContAnalModel component can be used to set up different edge connections on different edges.
I’ve also changed the EdgeConnection input type from ‘item’ to ‘list’ for each shell constructor component (plates, walls, panels, fictitious shells, etc.). This means that it will be possible to set different edge connections on different edges directly when creating the shell object.

The next version is scheduled to be released at the end of this month. :slight_smile: