Add reinforcement to columns [SOLVED]

Hi,

How can reinforcement be added to some columns?
It always shows the wrong message, see the attachment.

Best regard
Wei
Betongsøyler_20240609.gh (40.0 KB)

Hi Wei!

You found a bug. I checked your Grasshopper script, technically it is correct but the Model.Construct component complains about this issue.

I have created a case related to this issue and you can track its status using the link below:
Add the same reinforcement to different bars · Issue #1044 · strusoft/femdesign-api (github.com)

Hi,

Thank you for answer.

Hi Wei! :wave:

Hi! Until we fix the bug, you can use a different solution in your script. You can see my changes in the file below. I’ve highlighted in red those parts I’ve added to your file.

Some explanation: The problem is that you have added the same reinforcement objects to two different columns (see the Bars.DeconstructModify component in your script). When the Model.Create component reads the second column from the input, it throws a message because you are trying to add objects to the model, that have already been added with the first column. The trick is to add two different reinforcement lists for the two columns, with the same properties, but with different GUIDs.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:
Betongsøyler_20240609__A.gh (50.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. It is a very clear explanation.

1 Like

Hi @Weigu! :wave:

I’ve fixed the bug. From the next release it will be possible to add the same reinforcement to different bars.

Hi!

Excellent! When will the next release be coming?

The next release (version 23.5.0) is scheduled for the end of July.

We usually publish a new version at the end of each month, typically on the last day of the current month or within the first 1-2 days of the next month. @MarcoPelle sends out an email via the newsletter to inform the community about the update.

Hi!

Perfect!

Thanks!

Have a nice summer!

1 Like