BarRCUtilization component missing [SOLVED]

Hi!

I am trying to make a script to optimize RC columns based on the utilization. The “FEM-Design.GetCaseCombResults”, takes in the results from the “FEM-Design.RunDesign” component. Even though the “GetCaseCombResults” component runs, the output is only an “Empty Generic Data parameter”. The output is intended to be taken into a BarRCUtilization component. However, this component doesn’t seem to exist, only BarSteelUtilization (which the script is working for) and BarTimberUtilization (no tested).
Are you familiar with this problem, and does it exist a BarRCUtilization component?

Hi @erikko! :wave:

Did you use reinforcement in the design check? To get utilisation results, you need to run the design check with some reinforcement in your column. If you don’t have reinforcement in your model, FEM-Design won’t give you utilisation results.

You can create your parametric reinforcement using the API, or simply run an auto design and then a new design check. I’ve attached an example file below.

:wrench: Example file:
sample.gh (27.3 KB)

We don’t have a ‘BarRCUtilization’ component to extract the utilisation results by attributes as you can do with using the ‘BarSteelUtilisation’ component. However, you can use the ‘Explode’ component of the BHOM plugin.

Let me know if you need more help or if anything is unclear. :slightly_smiling_face: