Load groups - subgroups with moving load

Hi,
I am trying to use grasshopper to create a FEM model for a train station and is therefore interested in creating moving loads that are categorized as subgroups in the load group module.

Now, when I add moving loads trough MovingLoads.Construction and plug it to “loads” in Model.Construct each moving load is set up as a separate load group. I would like to have several subgroups for each load group as in the picture below.

Loads - FEM-Design Wiki)

Next step which I dont think is possible in grasshopper now is to make subgroups slave/master and use custom load case relationship for that load group, as shown in the example in the link. This would be an idea for further development.

Mvh,
Ida Lea

Hi Ida.

Thanks for raising the question. It is currently not possible to define subgroups but we will work on it.
I have created an issue related to your question. You can expect an answer in November.

1 Like

Thanks! It would save a lot of time when having several moving loads.

Hi,

has there been any updates to this?

Best,
Ida Lea

Hi Ida.

Unfortunately, there has not been set a time on this task because with FEM-Design 23, we will get some updates on the traffic load/load group and we need to check for back compatibility.